Sunday, May 20, 2007

Being Thankful

One of my neighboring apartments house 3 guys from China in it. I was little sad this afternoon because I had nothing fun to do and was watching chick flicks on USA, then I decided to go get myself some junk food for dinner. As I was passing that apartment's kitchen window, I saw one of them cooking with only a sleeveless shirt on. It led to the thought of "I'd never cook with only my garment on", and all of a sudden it just hit me that compared to all the rest 1.3 billion people in and from China, how blessed I am to actually know the Gospel and be able to walk in the light. My whining and complaining were so ungrateful. I was filled with happiness and gratitude, and I thank the Lord for blessing me with these little tender moments in my life just to remind me what kind of attitude I should have towards things.

So, when you are feeling a little down, think of what you have in life and you'd be much better. I know every one knows this principle, but I just relearned it today.

No comments: