Sunday, September 30, 2007

An Amazing Weekend!

This weekend was one of the most amazing weekends I have ever experienced, so I feel the urge to document it. Honestly, nothing significant happened, but everything worked in such harmony that I just feel being on top of the world right now.

It all began with the fantastic activity the LDSSA planned on Friday. I had tons of fun playing the games, even though our team lost, and afterwards I just talked to some great people till late. Then Saturday started with a ward temple trip, and you should know immediately it was a wonderful day. Although it now takes me almost two hours to get to the closest temple, I think the rarity of the opportunity builds up the anticipation before the event to such a high level, I just feel more spiritually prepared for and completely satisfied about the whole experience. I hadn't done baptisms in the temple for ever and I almost forgot how spectacularly spiritual it could be. Since I have received my endowment, I was one of the officiators this time, and the spirit testified to me in such a strong manner that we were performing ordinances for some people who had been waiting for so long to obtain the blessings of the gospel on the other side of the veil. I felt joy beyond description. After the temple, some friends and I went to lunch at TGI Fridays. Although I was the only one who needed but didn't have a female companion there and the steak I ordered was quite terrible, we still had a blast talking and spending time together.

Saturday night our ward had a baptism. A girl named Leidy decided to join the Church and we baptized her at he stake center. It was an awesome service and it reminded me of my own baptism. I couldn't believe it was over five years ago! It made me reflect back to the path I have taken, and even though there were a few bumps and regrets along the way, I am so grateful that I am still here today at the right place I am supposed to be. I hope I will never wander off the straight and narrow, because I know I won't find happiness anywhere else.

Then came the fast Sunday. Throughout the week, I had been reminded of a miraculous personal experience I had earlier this year. I was debating about whether to get up and share it and bear my testimony at the beginning of the meeting, but as soon as the first girl started bearing her testimony, the spirit was so powerful that I knew I had to get up. I don't know whether there was anybody else touched by my testimony, but the experience alone strengthened my own faith in my Heavenly Father and my Savior!

After church, I went home teaching. Again, I felt the spirit so strong as we went to different families sharing the love of our Savior, it was so clear to me that we were doing the right thing and our God loved each and every one of us so dearly and on such a personal level. It was overwhelming to know that such a high being truly cares about me!

When I finally got home and cooked myself some food, my neighbor from across the street called me and kindly invited me to his house for dinner. I take some company over eating alone any day, so I headed over with the food I prepared and we had a splendid time together.

Finally, to put the cherry on top of this amazing weekend, we had a stake priesthood meeting tonight. I have to admit that it seemed a little odd we would have a priesthood meeting the week before general conference, but it turned out to be one of the best meetings I have ever been in. Each talk given was so genuine and so well-prepared, I believe every one in the chapel gained a burning testimony of the truthfulness of the Church! And right when I was standing up for the intermission hymn, the first counselor in the stake presidency suddenly announced that I would be bearing my testimony immediately following the song. It was so unexpected it almost shocked me. I silently prayed for help while we were singing and the idea of what I should say became clear. So I went up there and bore my testimony, for the second time in a day, and I think it touched some people there. I don't usually like surprises, but I am very grateful for that opportunity I was given to share my faith and my believes with the brethren in my stake.

As a result of these wonderful and marvelous experiences I had in the past few days, I am still on this spiritual high and I hope it will last through the week for me, because it is just such a beautiful feeling! I am praying that I will have more days like these and hopefully every one I know will do too. Anyway, I think I've said enough, so, good night every one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, after reading this I managed to remember something I learned in Institute tonight. Thanks for writing inspired writ.