Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Miracles Do Happen!

Today was a huge testimony builder for me. When I first applied to Washington State University for my PhD program in economics, I did not receive a funding offer. At first I prayed about it and pleaded with my Heavenly Father that I would have some financial assistance because neither my family nor I have the ability to pay my out-of-state graduate tuition. The feeling I received back then was to be still and it would be fine, but I waited till the final word came from the department and it was still a "sorry". Therefore, I started looking for alternatives, and one of my best friends (who might be the only audience I have for this blog :D) stepped up and took the risk of cosigning a loan for me. I was extremely grateful that he did that and I thanked my Father in Heaven for finding a way to continue my education.

I have been in Washington for two days and this morning I was supposed to go to the department for my office assignment. When I arrived, the staff member who was helping me told me that the school director needed to see me. I was quite nervous for I did not know what the nature of this visit would be, but it turned out that the department had a last minute cancellation and I was offered with a full teaching assistantship! This is only five days before class starts and I have my funding I had been praying for! If this is not a miracle, I don't know what is! I am full of such gratitude for my Heavenly Father, and my testimony of waiting patiently with faith for His timing has been strengthened yet again!

I am so grateful and excited and I can't wait to share this news with my family and friends. Thank you all for you love and support!

Remember, miracles do happen!

No comments: